Gomer Starts Greasing!
Episode 94 · June 16th, 2017 · 29 mins 29 secs
About this Episode
There are few things more annoying to than people who seem to peddle inspiration. You find them on Facebook encouraging you to follow your dreams, chase the rainbow, and change your life. The reason, I've found, why these people are so damned bent on inspiration is because they have discovered this wonderful thing called "energy" that I lacked because I'm a damned couch potato. Well, for the last two weeks, I've greased the groove to break myself of this addiction to crappy foods and sitting, replacing inaction with Prayer, Study, and Exercise. And, honestly, it's freaking sweet.Support Catching Foxes
- John F. Kennedy Speech on Health and Fitness - YouTube — Historical speech from President Jack Kennedy on the health and fitness in the 1960's. Credit: John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum http://www.jfklibrary.org/
- Radical by David Platt — "It's easy for American Christians to forget how Jesus said his followers would actually live, what their new lifestyle would actually look like. They would, he said, leave behind security, money, convenience, even family for him. They would abandon everything for the gospel. They would take up their crosses daily... BUT WHO DO YOU KNOW WHO LIVES LIKE THAT? DO YOU?"
- The Strenuous Life by Theodore Roosevelt — Theodore Roosevelt: THE STRENUOUS LIFE - FULL AudioBook for Free through LibraVox
- Greasing the Groove | The Art of Manliness - YouTube — Published on Jan 20, 2016 Learn how strength is a skill and how you can improve that skill by greasing the groove.
- How to Get Stronger by Greasing the Groove | The Art of Manliness — And to become an all-around stronger man, you have to practice strength. You might not have thought of strength as something to be practiced, but you ought to. According to Pavel Tsatsouline, former Soviet Special Forces instructor and the father of the kettlebell in the West, “Strength is a skill.” And like any skill, it’s one you’ve got to consistently work at. One of the ways to build the skill of strength is by what Pavel calls “greasing the groove.” What exactly greasing the groove means, and how you can use this exercise method to build strength is what we’ll explain today.