It started with a description of the great book, "The World Beyond Your Head" and took us quickly around the anima technia vacua, from gambling to porn to social media, we look at how the psychology of being spent is destroying us. STOP BUYING THE CHEEP CHICKEN EGGS!!!!
- Food Inc. Chicken Clip - YouTube — Food Inc. cameras are allowed into a real chicken farmer's coop. This woman, Carole Morison, is a chicken farmer for Perdue Inc. Gross upon gross.
- Food, Inc. | 5 Things You Should Know by Myles Dyer — Food, Inc. is a 2008 Oscar-nominated documentary by Director Robert Kenner, who examines the US food industry. I highlight 5 key takeaways from the film, in the first of a new monthly series, 'DocWatch'.
- "Millennials in the Workforce, A Generation of Weakness" - Simon Sinek — Simon Sinek explains how the millennial generation became so entitled. A combination of failed parenting strategies, technology, impatience and environment have created a wave of young people who can't hack it in the real world.
- Video games are more addictive than ever. This is what happens when kids can’t turn them off. | The Washington Post — Every movement, every shot fired, every victory within the game is accompanied by real-life physical and neurological responses: The gamer’s muscles tighten, the pulse pounds, and the brain’s prefrontal cortex — its pleasure center — is activated.
- Hops & Grain Brewery — Please come out and have a beer with us in our Tap Room or say hello on social media. Our Tap Room is open 7 days a week from 10am-10pm. Tours of the brewery are given on Thurs & Fri at 5pm and Sat. at 1, 3 and 5pm.
- White Rascal | Avery Brewing Co. — White Rascal BELGIAN-STYLE WHITE ALE 5.6% ABV An authentic Belgian-style white ale, this Rascal is unfiltered and cleverly spiced with coriander and Curaçao orange peel producing a refreshingly zesty classic ale.