"If you're going to break up, Ash Wednesday is a great time to do it!" Luke and Arleen (no Gomer this week) talk about their cooky lives, the fun of dating, and the strange intimacy that comes with breaking up.
Luke and Arleen trade breakup stories, but this is NOT a pity party. This is more about lessons learned and experiences reflected upon. Luke throws in some comments about maturity and Arleen talks about a profound healing experience after her first devastating breakup as an adult.Support Catching Foxes
- Our Grounds for Hope by Fulton Sheen — Hope-filled reflections on the pain and suffering in our lives written with the characteristic wisdom of Fulton Sheen.
- Arleen Spenceley | CatholicMatch Institute — Arleen Spenceley is author of Chastity is For Lovers: Single, Happy, and (Still) a Virgin (Ave Maria Press, Dec. 2014) and journalist. She has a master's degree in rehabilitation and mental health counseling from the University of South Florida and a bachelor's degree in journalism from the same university. She blogs at arleenspenceley.com and tweets @ArleenSpenceley. Click here to like her on Facebook.
- The funeral. | Arleen Spenceley — In a chapel at a Catholic parish on a Friday, I knelt at my seat a few feet in front of the altar, during adoration. I wanted to pray, but got distracted by a casket.
- The miracle. | Arleen Spenceley — Because pain isn’t the problem. It’s a path. “Did I not tell you that if you believe you will see the glory of God?” he said to Mary and Martha, before He brought their brother back to life. Pain leads to belief, in who He is. It leads to revelation, of His will — of what’s actually best for us. It prepares us to be whatever God needs us to be.
- Arleen Spenceley | Writer — Single, Happy, and (Stil) a Virgin.
- Catching Foxes - Home — Owning your Okayness!
- Gomer and Luke are creating Catching Foxes | Patreon — Tired of consuming, we decided to create. And you listened, which is kind of amazing. So, we are going all in and creating the type of show you've always wanted.