Ten Minute Talks, Part Deux (Discord Version)
Episode 331 · February 18th, 2022 · 1 hr 33 mins
About this Episode
Books Gomer bought
- Life out of Death: Meditations on the Paschal Mystery, by Balthasar
- Person To Person: friendship and love in the life and theology of Hans Urs von Balthasar, by John S. Bonnici
- Ever Ancient, Ever New: Why Younger Generations are Embracing Traditional Catholicism, Ed. David Dashiell (CF Fan book!)
- The Bible and the Liturgy, Jean Danielou, SJ
- The Mass: The Presence of the Sacrifice of the Cross, Charles Journet
Luke Processes the Super Bowl Loss
- Two Truths and Lie about Luke’s overreactions
- Cincinnati as a city was just happy for a month (not so much now)
- What are your thoughts about the new Lord of the Rings storyline?
- How are the fitness and reading goals?
- Graduate and professional school students and faith life?
- Winter Olympics? Ya watchin’? Chinese Communists ruin everything!
- What is the appropriate angst one should feel towards the once-in-a-lifetime societal failures happening every 8 years?
Give it a try and see why over 2 million people have used BetterHelp online therapy. Our listeners get 10% off their first month!
Executive Coach Solutions
Executive Coach Solutions is a leadership consulting firm that brings creativity and strength-based training to the art of business management.
Athletic Greens is going to give you a FREE 1-year supply of immune-supporting Vitamin D AND 5
FREE travel packs with your first purchase. All you have to do is visit athleticgreens.com/FOXES.
- 8 Seconds | Full Movie Preview | Warner Bros. Entertainment - YouTube — This riveting drama based on the life of Rodeo World Champion Lane Frost (Luke Perry) tells the story of his dreams, ambition, perseverance, and sacrifice that lead to an Oklahoma boy's meteoric rise to fame as a champion bull-rider before his rough and tumble life is tragically cut short.
- Article: On Lord of the Rings and John Gruber — One of my favourite quotes about cinema is from Kubrick, and I found it via Gruber, who posted it on Daring Fireball: "The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good." Apparently, though, the affection of Lord of the Rings movie fans doesn’t really count. As they enter a chat about films, Dan mentions Gruber’s tweet describing the films as shit.
- The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power – Teaser Trailer | Prime Video - YouTube — Amazon Studios’ forthcoming series brings to screens for the very first time the heroic legends of the fabled Second Age of Middle-earth's history. This epic drama is set thousands of years before the events of J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings...
- Houston Rodeo Concert Lineup — Each night, once the Rodeo dust settles, a superstar takes the stage to entertain the crowds. The star entertainers begin performing after the last rodeo event is completed each evening and the stage is set.
- Rothbard: Essentials of Money and Inflation | Mises Wire — New money injected into the economy has an inevitable ripple effect; early receivers of the new money spend more and bid up prices, while later receivers or those on fixed incomes find the prices of the goods they must buy unaccountably rising, while their own incomes lag behind or remain the same. Monetary inflation, in other words, not only raises prices and destroys the value of the currency unit; it also acts as a giant system of expropriation of the late receivers by the counterfeiters themselves and by the other early receivers. Monetary expansion is a massive scheme of hidden redistribution.