Luke lives in Dayton and was at that spot where the shootings occurred just the evening before enjoying a drumline show. He invites Kevin Heider, a Dayton native, to join us. Yes, we talk about Trump, Gun Control, and other issues. And yes, Luke got permission from Five Iron Frenzy to use their song.Support Catching Foxes
- The Body | by Kevin Heider - YouTube — The Body | by Kevin Heider
- A New Hope - YouTube — A New Hope by Five Iron Frenzy, used with permission.
- (4) Tom Nichols (@RadioFreeTom) / Twitter
- (4) Nick Penzenstadler on Twitter: "This is what a 100-round drum magazine looks like from the Dayton shooting. Authorities say he had a .223-cal rifle with this attached: https://t.co/sWh8MDHI0g" / Twitter
- Tom Nichols on Twitter: "I can't stand post-shooting Twitter, but the different-yet-same shooters in El Paso and Dayton are making me try one more time. First, however: YES I AGREE WITH YOU ABOUT STRICTER GUN CONTROL AND BANNING ALL SORTS OF POWERFUL WEAPONS. Is that clear enough? Good. Next. /1" / Twitter — Read this thread, folks.
- The Revenge Of The Lost Boys — What’s going on with young American men? Another mass shooting has led to another round of social and political recriminations. A young man—a “loner” and “adrift,” as usual—seizes a vile cause and attacks innocent people. Amidst the wreckage, we look for reasons that already fit our preconceptions about violence, and we blame racism, guns, unemployment, drugs, a bad family, or whatever else helps us to make sense of the tragedy.