Pride is the disordered love of self. Listen in as Luke tells the tale of his ranting and raving at his wife at how all these Catholic podcasts are stupid crap. It's awesome.
Also, Gomer really hates it when people say, "A personal relationship with Jesus is too protestant." So he unloads on a guy who wrote a Catholic Answers post saying it's bad theology and bad youth ministry. Gomer contends, with an EPIC Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI quote, that this article is horse shit.
Thanks to our two sponsors, Kreager Consulting and The Catholic Card Game, for sponsoring our show. Please see the sponsor notes below for the links!
Thank you to our PATREON Supporters. Without you, think couldn't be possible. A new episode is coming next Monday, now that Gomer's throat has mostly healed.
$10+ Club: Sarah Schweitzer, Bradley Stiver, Kyndall Jackson, Catherine LeBlanc, Eric Ambos, Zach Jarrell, and Kevin Fenter!
Click this link provided in the show notes to find out how to take your app or website from idea to completed project with Kreager Consulting. Thanks to KreagerConsulting.com for supporting this show!
Push The Catholic Card Game to $29,000 before February 15 and they'll create a Catching Foxes Expansion Pack! Wahooo!
- Friendship with Jesus: Pope Benedict XVI Talks to Children on Their First Holy Communion: Pope Benedict XVI, Amy Welborn, Ann Engelhart: 9781586176198: Amazon.com: Books — To receive Jesus in Holy Communion is to enter into a lifelong friendship with him. In this beautifully illustrated book, Amy Welborn, well-known author and blogger, introduces Pope Benedict's profound yet simple answers to various questions put to him by children in Rome who had recently made their First Holy Communion.
- Father Benedict XVI is a Friend of Jesus Christ - Crisis Magazine — While the buzz word of Ratzinger’s masterful homily became his denunciation of what he styled the “dictatorship of relativism,” the central nexus of Ratzinger’s homily, I believe, lay elsewhere. He was not a prophet of doom unleashing canons of denunciation on culture, but a lover who was eager to share the love of his life, Jesus Christ
- Let Us Become Friends of Jesus: Meditations on Prayer: Pope Benedict XVI, Jeanne Kun: 9781593252243: Amazon.com: Books
- The Catholic Card Game - a party game for Catholics by Matt Martinusen — Kickstarter — This epic creation was designed with the Catholic Church as our inspiration. Each card draws from the faith including areas such as homeschool stereotypes, ancient tradition, and current Catholic celebrities. It is one giant inside joke for Catholics around the world. The Catholic Card Game includes 80 prompt cards and 400 answer cards. The amount of possible combinations is similar to the number of Abraham's descendants. A holy lot!
- Kreager Consulting – Just another WordPress site — We begin by learning about you: how your business processes work, who your customer base is, and how you are currently using software. We then offer solutions with you in mind.