Luke and Gomer have Rose M. Rea on the show to talk about her book Defend Us in Battle: The True Story of MA2 Navy SEAL Medal of Honor Recipient Michael A. Monsoor. Of course, when you have three Franciscan grads in one place, the Mothership will also be talked about.Support Catching Foxes
- Buy Rose's Book! — Available everywhere you could think to purchase a book.
- Destroyer Michael Monsoor Commissioning Ceremony - YouTube — The following is the Jan. 26, 2019 commissioning ceremony of the Zumwalt-class guided-missile destroyer USS Michael Monsoor (DDG-1001)
- Chaplain recruiter has been in line of fire - Archdiocese of Baltimore — Two months later, on the feast of St. Michael the Archangel, Father Halladay overheard radio transmissions about a gravely wounded Navy SEAL, a man who had asked Father Halladay to hear his confession when they first met. He raced to the First Aid station where medics worked desperately on Petty Officer 2nd Class Michael A. Monsoor, a member of a combined Navy Seal and Army sniper team. The team was on the roof of a house engaged in a firefight when an unseen insurgent tossed a grenade to the roof. In a split second, Monsoor made the decision that cost him his life, throwing himself on the grenade before it exploded and saving the lives of two colleagues. Father Halladay prayed with the mortally wounded Seal as medics loaded him on to a helicopter for evacuation. In 2007, Father Halladay was invited to the White House to witness President George W. Bush’s presentation of the Medal of Honor to Monsoor’s parents.
- Support Us on Patreon — You even get stuff for doing it, too!
- Coleman Creates — Thank you to Joe Coleman of Coleman Creates for producing this episode!