Groan for the World
Episode 326 · January 12th, 2022 · 1 hr 34 mins
About this Episode
CF Merch! The sad death of Bob Saget, a birthday quote from then-Pope Benedict, Gomer's back pain and his sedentary life, best WW2 movies that a 12 year old can watch, and Wendell Barry's "The World Ending Fire".Support Catching Foxes
Great online counseling made easy!
Faith-focused Dating: the largest Catholic dating site in the world—where thousands of Catholics find their spouse.
Athletic Greens is going to give you a FREE 1-year supply of immune-supporting Vitamin D AND 5
FREE travel packs with your first purchase. All you have to do is visit athleticgreens.com/FOXES.
- Bob Saget's Here For You on Apple Podcasts — BOB SAGET’S HERE FOR YOU is a podcast that is like no other— For one, this podcast has guests who are friends of Bob’s, or just really interesting people who many of you know and love. Secondly, this podcast is unique because it goes inside Bob Saget’s mind, and then quickly filters out through his mouth. Bob has a way of calming people he has conversations with as well as being entertaining and often informative. Bob talks with his guests with genuine empathy and humor, while reaching his unusually diverse audience that he talks to as a friend, Bob is the dad with great advice, the irreverent funny guy who’s always there when you need a laugh, and the free-associative Bob who goes off on crazy tangents then returns to the subject at hand, as serious or as comedic as it may be, to wrap up each episode in a way only Bob can do. Because he really does believe, “He’s here for you."
- Remembering Norm — Looking back at the life and legacy of my dear friend Norm MacDonald. Love you forever, Norm.
- Is life really a gift? Benedict’s answer on his birthday — I am now facing the last chapter of my life and I do not know what awaits me. I know, however, that the light of God exists, that he is Risen, that his light is stronger than any darkness, that the goodness of God is stronger than any evil in this world. And this helps me to go forward with certainty. May this help us to go forward, and at this moment I wholeheartedly thank all those who have continually helped me to perceive the “yes” of God through their faith.
- Poem: St. Michael the Weigher by James Russell Lowell — In the other scale he threw Things regardless, outcast, few, Martyr-ash, arena sand, Of St. Francis' cord a strand, Beechen cups of men whose need Fasted that the poor might feed, Disillusions and despairs Of young saints with grief-grayed hairs, Broken hearts that brake for Man.
- 1 of 8 ALAN KEYES vs A. DERSHOWITZ C-Span Debate RELIGION'S ROLE IN AMERICA 9-27-2000 - YouTube
- Get Up!: Levine, James — Over the decades, humans have moved from a primarily active lifestyle to one that is largely sedentary, and this change has reshaped every facet of our lives―from social interaction to classroom design.
- sullivan - Caroline's Spine
- The Farmers - Whiffletree Farm — After finishing studies in religion and pre-med at UVa, marrying his wife Liz, and working in Charlottesville, Jesse read a book by Wendell Berry that inspired him to learn more about farming through reading, visiting farmers, and making forays into small farming ventures.