Kevin Heider gives a wonderful exploration as a singer/songwriter of the balance between objective and subjective meanings of songs and movies. He talks how Everclear's "So Much for the Afterglow" deeply moved him as an 8th grader to hear about the terribleness of the songwriter's father. Luke talks about how his view of rap changed after VH1's "Behind the Music" with Ice T.
Luke also mentions making a vinyl album on a mythical Catching Foxes label, which I'M ALL FOR.Support Catching Foxes
- KEVIN HEIDER | singer/songwriter — Kevin Heider's official website!
- Song & Story | A podcast devoted to conversations with songwriters about their songs. — Kevin's Song & Story podcast!
- How To Write A Song That Goes 'Platinum' : NPR — Evan Bogart knows what it takes to make a song catapult to the top of the charts. He's written hits for Beyonce and Rihanna, and discovered rapper Eminem and the band Maroon 5. Bogart talks about his career, the secrets of songwriting and his new Bravo reality show Platinum Hit.
- Greg Iwinski - IMDb — Writer for "The Late Show with Stephen Colbert"
- Once Upon a Dream - by Faith & Kevin - YouTube — Once Upon a Dream - by Faith & Kevin