Luke and Gomer talk... well... we talk about a lot of stuff. Why does it seem like there are a lot more chill nuns than priests, emotional manipulation in youth ministry, Sister Miriam is incredible, diet fails, and, of course, GAME OF THRONES.
Come on, moralizers, do you really think that God approves of you watching literally anything on TV? Would Mother Teresa watch any of your crap? Oh, so it's just stuff you already don't like that you got to get all preachy about. Got it. Thaaanks. #notbitterSupport Catching Foxes
- Urban Dictionary: Woke — Woke Although an incorrect tense of awake, a reference to how people should be aware in current affairs. "While you are obessing with the Kardashians, there are millions of homeless in the world. STAY WOKE"
- XXXIX World Day for Vocations, 2002 | John Paul II — In my Apostolic Letter Novo millennio ineunte I invited all to place "pastoral planning under the heading of holiness", to express "the conviction that, since Baptism is a true entry into the holiness of God through incorporation into Christ and the indwelling of his Spirit, it would be a contradiction to settle for a life of mediocrity, marked by a minimalist ethic and a shallow religiosity… The time has come to re-propose wholeheartedly to everyone this high standard of ordinary Christian living: the whole life of the Christian community and of Christian families must lead in this direction" (n. 31).
- I’ve worn ash on my head on ESPN for 16 years. This year was different. - The Washington Post — I’ve been on national television for 16 years and for all 16 I wore an ash on Ash Wednesday. I am grateful to ESPN and fortunate to work in an environment that allows me to be myself. But it’s shocking to me that I’m one of the few faces you see on TV wearing an ash. I did an interview where the reporter told me if you put “The Guy Who Wears Ashes on TV” into Google, I’m the first name that comes up. That’s surprising. (Also true: I’m the first name that comes up for “The Guy Who Proposed In Between The Men’s and Women’s Bathroom at LaGuardia Airport.” Not as surprising.)
- Ian Malcolm gives Hammond an ethics lecture - "Jurassic Park" — Ian Malcolm gives Hammond an ethics lecture
- Manipulative Youth Ministries 3.0 — I know that most people I meet who are in youth ministry say that they are in the ministry because they love, or that they have a heart for the kids, and I believe them. I just wish that more of them would end it there and not continue the sentence with and bringing them to a mature faith in Christ, or some other “third place”. And I hear you say, but this is a CHRISTIAN ministry after-all, and I ask when did i being Christian make it ok to be having an ulterior motive? When did being Christian allow our relationships to be manipulative? More and more I wonder how our fragmented communities just need people who love, without any condition, no third place, no rhyme or reason behind their mad love. How our communities need people who are oh so overpowered by the realisation of Christ in their lives that they are over flowing with the need to connect, to be in relationship with the young people around them.
- Pappy Van Winkle Bourbon — PAPPY VAN WINKLE BOURBON ESSENTIAL FACTS