Catholic things and the like.
Episode 373 · April 14th, 2023 · 1 hr 5 mins
About this Episode
The Tridduum? Check. The Japanese and kids? Check. Other Catholic things? Check.Support Catching Foxes
- Half of unmarried people under 30 in Japan do not want kids: survey - Japan Today — Around half of unmarried people under 30 in Japan have no interest in having children, a recent survey by a pharmaceutical firm showed, with respondents citing economic concerns and the burden of childbirth and parenting as their reasoning.
- The Seven Sorrows of Mary | Franciscan Media
- The Passion and Death of Our Lord Jesus Christ Book — Archbishop Alban Goodier's The Passion and Death of Our Lord Jesus Christ fills in the many blanks in the historical narratives about the Passion of Jesus Christ with a riveting account based on history, culture and his own deep spiritual insights. He brings to life and unifies the many observations, emotions and subtle and not-so-subtle actions that revolve around the person of God the Son as he faces his most tragic and triumphant moment.
- The Spirit of the Liturgy by Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger, Romano Guardini - Audiobook - Audible.com — Considered by Ratzinger devotees as his greatest work on the liturgy, this profound and beautifully written treatment of the "great prayer of the Church" will help listeners to deepen their understanding of the rites of the Church. The cardinal discusses fundamental misunderstandings of the Second Vatican Council's intentions for liturgical renewal, especially about the priest's orientation of prayer to the Father, the placement of the tabernacle in churches, and the posture of kneeling. This edition includes the earlier classic work with the same title by Servant of God Romano Guardini, a book that helped Ratzinger to "rediscover the liturgy in all its beauty, hidden wealth and time-transcending grandeur, to see it as the animating center of the Church, the very center of Christian life".
- Simpson's Clip Shared on the Carey Family Text Thread — Get that cat out of the way!