Holy is His Name: An Interview with Dr. Scott Hahn where gomer tries to do most of the talking...
Episode 358 · October 3rd, 2022 · 1 hr 4 mins
About this Episode
Dr. Scott Hahn is making the interview rounds with his new book, "Holy is His Name: The Transforming Power of God’s Holiness in Scripture". There are some truly amazing concepts about holiness that blew me away when I was reading through this book.
Insights you'll get from this episode*
- holiness mentioned in Genesis only once, then explodes in Exodus
- the Old Testament, with the exception of Daniel's prophecies, never calls individuals holy, only things or groups, but not individuals
- we can easily forget the Holiness of God is something other than the moral rectitude we call Righteousness
- You are called to be holy, but that doesn't mean "a good moral person"
Also, my audio software did not capture Dr. Hahn's audio all that well. SORRY!
- Catching Foxes | Spreadshop
- Holy Is His Name: The Transforming Power of God’s Holiness in Scripture – St. Paul Center — “We don’t have to learn to be frightened, but as loving children of a loving God, saved through the Cross of Christ, we do need to learn how to fear God. Scott Hahn’s Holy Is His Name explains for priests and lay people what it means to be holy, to realize how distant we are from God’s holiness, how we must be in awe and wonder at his transcendence and majesty and recognize our worth and our smallness before his all-knowing compassion.” George Cardinal Pell
- All Israel Will Be Saved – St. Paul Center — St. Paul’s teaching in Romans 9-11 is notoriously difficult to unpack. Even seasoned and skillful interpreters often express frustration over these passages that contain the highest concentration of Old Testament references anywhere in the New Testament. In this detailed study, Scott Hahn shows how Paul’s proclamation of the gospel to the Gentiles is the means that God chose to fulfill the Old Testament promise to bring about the salvation of all twelve tribes of Israel.