Twitter Rage, Coping Mechanisms, and Evangelical Gomer and the FIRE movementSupport Catching Foxes
- Playing with FIRE — The Documentary
- Retirement Calculator — Watching my retirement age decrease as I increased my savings showed me the power of our savings rate and the real possibility of early retirement. I come back to this tool often to check my assumptions or just for encouragement. We hope you will too.
- 100 | Welcome to the FI Community ChooseFI — Brad and Jonathan look back at the ChooseFI’s growth during the past 100 episodes and hit the highlights of financial independence for new community members and recap their own financial independence journeys.
- Welcome To Financial Independence! | ChooseFI — Explore Beginners Guide This guide will walk you through the basics of financial independence but if something doesn’t fit for your life that’s ok. This is your journey and your life. Use the tips you find helpful and toss the rest. We know as a group we can get a little extreme (ok, a lot extreme), but our community is full of diverse and wonderful people. There is no one way to reach financial independence. Check out our guide for beginners. Prefer a more visual version? Check out our illustrated How of FI series.
- The Shockingly Simple Math Behind Early Retirement — If you are spending 100% (or more) of your income, you will never be prepared to retire, unless someone else is doing the saving for you (wealthy parents, social security, pension fund, etc.). So your work career will be Infinite. If you are spending 0% of your income (you live for free somehow), and can maintain this after retirement, you can retire right now. So your working career can be Zero. In between, there are some very interesting considerations. As soon as you start saving and investing your money, it starts earning money all by itself. Then the earnings on those earnings start earning their own money. It can quickly become a runaway exponential snowball of income. As soon as this income is enough to pay for your living expenses, while leaving enough of the gains invested each year to keep up with inflation, you are ready to retire.
- Stock Series — Stock Series. 'Nuff said.
- FIRE Explained — Playing with FIRE — Refreshingly, the mechanics of FIRE not being conveyed by formal experts in a dry text book fashion. More powerfully, they are being illustrated through the real-life examples of the interesting but ordinary folks of FIRE who come in all shapes and sizes. FIRE principles tend to be presented in plain language for easy implementation. Practical categories like reduced housing expense, car expense, sound investment strategy and tax optimization are delivered in easy to digest posts, interviews and stories.