Luke encourages us not to do metaphorical hot takes while Notre Dame is burning. Futile. Gomer points out that the best part of the metaphor is that it's just the roof on fire. We're fine down below, hanging out with the cross and altar. Then we dive into MANHOOD. We end with Game of Thrones, Season 8, episode 1 review. SPOILERS!Support Catching Foxes
- SAVING OUR SONS - Michael Gurian — ABOUT THE BOOK Boys and their communities are challenged today in ways they have not been before. Dr. Michael Gurian has studied and served children and their families for thirty years. His The Wonder of Boys (1996), is credited with sparking the “boys’ movement.” In Saving Our Sons, he features the latest research in male emotional intelligence, male motivation development, neurotoxicity and the male brain, and electronics and videogame use. Linking practical solutions with strategic new policies based on twenty years of field work through the Gurian Institute, Dr. Gurian provides a seven-stage model for the journey to manhood in the new millennium. Moving effortlessly between the practical and the political, Dr. Gurian also tackles social and cultural issues facing our sons. Two of the book’s chapters provide readers with successful ways to challenge governmental and academic institutions, as well as the media, to see boys fully and fairly. In its eight chapters, Saving Our Sons is a unique combination of powerful writing, new research, practical strategies, and passionate social advocacy that helps our nation act on behalf of boys and young men–one home, one school, and one community at a time.
- Leaving Boyhood Behind: Reclaiming Catholic Brotherhood: Jason M. Craig: 9781681922706: Amazon.com: Gateway — What makes a man? This is a question many men in our society today do not feel equipped to answer, because they were never initiated into manhood themselves. They do not know how to pass on authentic manliness to their sons, so boys get stuck in unending adolescence. Everyone suffers from the resulting crisis of male immaturity, and we see its effects everywhere in our society. Leaving Boyhood Behind shows how we can actually do something to address this crisis. Author Jason Craig, cofounder of Fraternus, a Catholic mentoring program for boys, walks through each stage of initiation into manhood
- Michael Gurian podcast episodes | The Art of Manliness — All of the episodes where Michael Gurian was interviewed.
- Tips for Raising Boys — Michael Gurian Interview| The Art of Manliness — My guest today has spent his career researching childhood development and helping boys become fulfilled men. His name is Michael Gurian, and in his latest book, Saving Our Sons: A New Path for Raising Healthy and Resilient Boys, he provides insights on why America’s boy problem is ignored, as well as concrete steps that parents and mentors can take to help these young men grow up well. Today on the show, Michael explains what the “Dominant Gender Paradigm” is and why it causes institutions to ignore the problems of boys and young men, what people get wrong about male violence, and what male anhedonia is. He then argues that if we want to help boys (and girls) we need to approach things from what he calls a “Nature Based Theory,” which recognizes that while boys and girls have a lot in common, there are biological differences that influence the way boys learn, socialize, and behave. Michael then provides concrete things parents and schools can do to cater to these differences in boys to help them thrive and become resilient men.
- Anhedonia - Wikipedia — Anhedonia is a diverse array of deficits in hedonic function, including reduced motivation or ability to experience pleasure. While earlier definitions of anhedonia emphasized the inability to experience pleasure, anhedonia is used by researchers to refer to reduced motivation, reduced anticipatory pleasure (wanting), reduced consummatory pleasure (liking), and deficits in reinforcement learning. In the DSM-V, anhedonia is a component of depressive disorders, substance related disorders, psychotic disorders, and personality disorders, where it is defined by either a reduced ability to experience pleasure, or a diminished interest in engaging in pleasurable activities. While the ICD-10 does not explicitly mention anhedonia, the depressive symptom analogous to anhedonia as described in the DSM-V is a loss of interest or pleasure.
- About | Exodus 90 — Exodus 90: A ninety-day spiritual exercise for men.
- Some facts and figures about the Notre Dame Cathedral | Nation/World | starherald.com — CONSTRUCTION: The building stands on the Île de la Cité, a small island in Paris' Seine River. Construction was begun in 1163, and its two massive towers were finished around 1245, but the building was not completed until the beginning of the 14th century. Its central spire was added in the 19th century.
- boyz n the hood - Google Search
- Authors | CatholicMatch.com — LOOK AT THE PHOTOS!
- Bishop Barron on The Childfree Life - YouTube — Bishop Barron on The Childfree Life
- Camille Paglia on cause of women unhappiness in modern society - YouTube — Camille Paglia on cause of women unhappiness in modern society
- Why Small Groups Won't Work - Todd Engstrom - YouTube — Why Small Groups Won't Work - Todd Engstrom
- Bran Stark Is Fully a Meme Now. Is That Bad for ‘Game of Thrones’? - The Ringer — A Thousand-Meme Stare